I’m a big fan of paper books. I love smelling the crisp pages, feeling the pleasure gained from turning each page, and using my bookmarker.
Finally, when I’m done reading, I love stacking it away on my bookshelf to be read another day. Yeah I know, get a room :).
But seriously, I love my paper books. However, in recent times, I have had some difficulty reading as much as I’d like to so I began looking into audiobooks.
Additionally, I wanted something I could listen to while driving and in my sleep. I have a whole theory about listening to positive messages while sleeping and I’ll expand on that later.
On initial research, I discovered the cost of buying an audiobook was high enough to induce heart palpitations.
I’m talking over $25 here! I continued digging and found a more suitable option in Audible, a subsidiary of Amazon.
On signing up, you get two free audiobooks as well as a 30-day free trial. After the trial period ends, you have the option of signing up for two monthly plans.
The first plan costs $14.95/month and provides credit to download one audiobook every month and a good discount on others.
The second plan costs $22.95/month and provides two books and a discount as well. The app is also available for Android and iOS so you can listen to it on the go.
I stayed on after my free trial expired and I use my monthly credit for motivational stuff mostly.
Don’t get me wrong, I still love paper books and will continue to read them but I like having the option of the audiobooks as well.
10 Benefits of Signing Up for Audible Membership
- Budget-friendly at only $14.95 per month with the first 30 days free. You also get 2 free audiobooks when you sign up for membership.
- There is an option to enroll for Gold or Platinum membership. While more expensive, it provides even more benefits.
- The library has over 180,000 titles. You could spend the rest of your life listening to stuff on there :).
- It’s available on all devices – laptop, phone, and tablet. I believe you can also connect it to the player in your car although I didn’t try that.
- You can switch back and forth between subscription options and cancel anytime without hassles. You can also pause your subscription package for a while. If you cancel, all the books you downloaded remain yours as well.
- I kinda liked being read to by a few celebrities on The Secret, if you like that sort of thing.
- Keep your eye on your inbox. They send out deals that will help you optimize and get the most out of your membership. Some of these deals are quite good and you can get audiobooks for as low as $2.
- If you keep the audiobooks you’re after on a wish list, you’ll be notified when they go on sale and may be able to use credits to get them for free.
- You can return an audiobook you’re not satisfied with within 365 days.
- Unlimited listening access to all audible channels.
If you’re too busy to settle down for paper books or e-books, try audiobooks.
The goal at the end of the day is the same – empowerment, knowledge expansion, and growth. Get started with your free trial HERE!
If you have a reader or writer in your life, you could also consider giving them Audible Gift Memberships.
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. Read full disclosure HERE.