An earlier article covered Canva Pro in great detail at What Can You Do With Canva Pro? That article covered the pros and cons of Canva Pro.
I also shared some of the cool things you can do on the premium version of Canva. I’ll be covering the various ways to sign up for Canva Pro for free in this article.
Signing up for a free account with Canva Pro is fast and easy. You can get started with creating and learning in less than 10 minutes.
How to Sign-up for Canva Pro for Free
- For individuals, visit Canva Pro HERE.
- You can sign up with Google, Facebook, or email. For Google and Facebook, you need to authorize access. For email sign-up, enter your name, email, and password to get started for free.
- You will be sent an email to confirm your account. Once confirmed, you will be redirected to your new Canva account.
Full account features are free for 30 days after sign-up. After 30 days, you can upgrade to the paid version or downgrade to the basic version.
Your choice depends on your creative needs. I share the differences between the free and paid versions in this article.
Canva Pro for individuals costs US$ 12.95/month but if you switch to annual billing, it comes down to US$ 9.95/month. That’s about 23% savings.
As of March 2020, Canva is providing free lifetime licenses to public health organizations to support the fight against the Coronavirus pandemic.
This initiative is part of the Canva Pro for Non-profits program, which offers Canva Pro to registered non-profits for free.
Several eligibility criteria must be met to participate in the program. This is to prevent abuse of the program. Eligibility criteria vary from country to country.
You can view full eligibility criteria for non-profits HERE. If your organization meets the eligibility criteria, just click “Register now for free” to get started.
- Visit Canva for Non-profits to get started with your free account HERE.
- Click “Apply Now” to create a new account.
- On the next page, you can check if your nonprofit is eligible or not.
- If eligible, fill in all the required details then submit.
Once your account is approved, the team will come back to you with approval and you can start enjoying your free Canva Pro account.
This is another free offering from Canva. They offer access to educators and students around the world for free.
That’s right. You can access Canva for free from any country if you’re an educator or student.
However, the way it works, teachers have to apply for access. After the account is approved, teachers can grant access for up to 30 students at a time.
Like Canva for non-profits, there are some eligibility criteria in place to ensure the system isn’t abused.
The platform offers over 60,000 templates and over 2 million images among other elements to make learning fun and engaging.
In the advent of COVID19, they have also provided resources to enhance remote learning and teaching.
- To sign up for Canva Education, visit the Canva for Education page HERE.
- Sign up with Clever, Google, or your school email address.
- You will be required to fill in a form with teaching details.
Once the team has verified the submitted information, you’ll receive an email confirmation from the Canva team and will be able to bring your class on board for free.
Canva for Enterprise is the supercharged option for corporate teams. The platform provides a team dashboard, approval workflow, locked elements, brand control, and much more.
- As with Canva for individuals, you can try out Canva for Enterprise for 30 days as well.
- To set up an account, visit the Canva for Enterprise page HERE.
- Click on “Try free for 30 days”. On the next page, fill in relevant details and submit.
- The next page will require more information about your company, your role, company size, and payment details then claim the free trial. Canva for Enterprise costs US$ 30/month/user.
This is the final way you can sign up for Canva for free. As a student developer, you can grab a year of Canva Pro for free.
Canva partnered with GitHub to provide free access to student developers. That’s a US$ 119 value.
- To sign up for GitHub + Canva, visit the page HERE and sign up for a new account. If you already have a Canva account, you can still sign up for the offer.
- You also need to sign up for the student pack on GitHub HERE.
That’s all the ways you can sign up for Canva for free. If you have any questions, you can contact their Customer Happiness Team HERE.
For help after signing up, head over to the comprehensive getting started guide HERE.
Have fun using Canva!
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. Read full disclosure HERE.