This post may contain affiliate links. That means that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you choose to use the links provided. Thank you for your continued support of this site.
I founded The Writer Entrepreneur in 2014. At the time, I had just left my soul sucking job and was trying to launch the plans I’d been working on for so long. I was super excited but I was also super scared. Nevertheless, I knew I had prepared myself for my new journey.
There were many tools I engaged and one of them was Udemy. Udemy is on online learning platform aimed at professional adults with a mission to “help anybody learn anything online.” They have over 60,000 courses available on just about every subject you can think of.
When I needed to upskill on a budget, Udemy was the first place I looked at and there were more than enough resources to teach me what I needed to know quickly and effectively without breaking my intending solopreneur bank.
I have reviewed two of these courses on the website already – Launch Your Company with Confidence with Guy Kawasaki’s Guide to Entrepreneurship and Are You a Struggling Freelancer? Learn How to Get Ahead with Seth Godin’s Freelancer Course. They are two of the best courses I went through back then.
10 Advantages of Udemy Courses
- They are budget friendly and caters to every pocket size. I needed to learn many things and I didn’t have loads of money to throw at expensive schooling. Udemy helped tremendously here.
- You can start taking courses immediately once you pay. There’s no pre qualification required to access any courses.
- Courses are available across all devices, which means you can learn while on the go as well.
- If you decide not to proceed with a course, you can ask for a refund within 30 days.
- You learn and complete activities and assignments at your own pace; going back and forth between the materials as you wish.
- There are tons of reviews available for you to read through before you purchase a course. This will help you to avoid the courses that aren’t up to par.
- If the student reviews aren’t enough, there are also free previews of courses for you to view before making a purchase.
- If you have any questions, you can send a message directly to your instructor.
- Before deciding on a course, you can also research your potential instructor online to find out what kind of professional chops he/she has.
- You will receive a certificate of completion for most courses. While the certificate doesn’t have academic merit and can’t be used for college credit, the point of Udemy is updating your skills or learning a new skill you can implement ASAP.
Apart from Launch Your Company with Confidence with Guy Kawasaki’s Guide to Entrepreneurship and Are You a Struggling Freelancer? Learn How to Get Ahead with Seth Godin’s Freelancer Course, additional courses for intending and current solopreneurs, entrepreneurs and freelancers, which I would recommend include:
#Branding and #Marketing Courses
- Branding: How to Brand Yourself and Your Business
- The Most Effective Way to Sell Coaching/Consulting Services
- Social Media Marketing 2017 — Complete Certificate Course
- Growth Hacking with Digital Marketing
- Freelancer Lifestyle
- Freelance Bootcamp – The Comprehensive Guide to Freelancing
- Learn Photoshop, Web Design & Profitable Freelancing
#Entrepreneurship and #Business Courses
- An Entire MBA in 1 Course: Award-Winning Business School Prof
- Body Language for Entrepreneurs
- Guy Kawasaki’s The Art of Evangelism
- How to Come Up with Killer Business Ideas: Complete Workshop
#Writing and #Self-Publishing Courses
- Writing With Flair: How To Become An Exceptional Writer
- Ninja Writing: The Four Levels Of Writing Mastery
- Kindle Launch Plan: Publish and Market an Amazon Bestseller
- How to Succeed with Kindle Short Reads
- Copywriting secrets – How to Write Copy that Sells
- How I Hit #1 on Google: The 2018 Complete SEO Course
- The Complete WordPress Website Business Course
- Learn how to Build High-Quality Affiliate Websites
All the courses above have thousands of students enrolled with ratings of 4 stars and above out of 5 stars. I’m enrolled in some of them as well by the way (hey, I’ve said I’m a geek a few times :). However, don’t stop at the list above. As I’ve mentioned, there are thousands of course options and you can search for something else you’re trying to learn if it’s not on my list.
The best thing about all this is Udemy is having a flash sale until January 31! Every course on Udemy website will retail for $9.99 until January 31, 2018 including the courses I’ve recommend above, which usually cost over $100!
This is the lowest price Udemy has ever sold any of their courses and the best time to grab the courses while you can. You can buy as many as you want and they will be on your dashboard forever. You can go back at anytime to learn at your own pace. Below is a screen shot of my course dashboard:
There’s really no excuse for you not to pick up any of the courses if you’re determined to learn something new in 2018.
Are you ready to challenge yourself outside your comfort zone? Find what you want to learn HERE. Flash sale ends January 31 2018!