If you ever think you’re too old or not in the right place to follow your dreams, here are 3 reasons why it’s never too late to learn anything and be who you were meant to be.
I love dancing and have been involved in tango and salsa at one time or the other over the last ten years or so.
However, what I’ve always had an avid interest in learning though was hip hop but I just never got round to it.
This year I came across a class but started thinking I’m a little too old to learn that now. I was still pondering this when I stumbled upon this video on YouTube:
60 Year Old Kills Hip Hop Routine
Yes, that is a woman with over 25 years on me dancing a hip-hop routine from start to finish (headstand included), and looking absolutely fabulous while at it too.
The dancer’s name is Shirley Clements and she is a high school teacher in Canada. Her feat reminds me that you are never too old to learn anything,
It’s all about your mindset and a determination that this is what you want to do. While under this train of thought, I wrote this article.
Here are 3 great reasons why you should endeavor to continue learning even as you grow older and the bones start to creak:-
3 Reasons Why It’s Never Too Late to Learn Anything
- Learning keeps the mind stimulated, fobbing off brain degenerative diseases, as we get older.
- If you’re stuck in a rut and just can’t figure out why you’re there, start by learning something new. You’d be amazed at the ideas/inspiration your mind starts generating as you learn new things.
- Boost your self-esteem and add some excitement to your life. Meet new people and grow as an individual.
In case you’re wondering, some really awesome people who began learning something new at an advanced age:
- Joseph Conrad was a great English writer who didn’t learn English until his 20s.
- Rocky Marciano didn’t start boxing until his 20s.
- Fauja Singh began running seriously at the age of 89.
- Grandma Moses began painting at the age of 78. Talk about determination and resolution.
At this point, there’s really no excuse for not doing something. No matter your age, you can do it. So, make a plan for it and get going.
Anna gave up her 9 – 5 to implement her life plan after paying off over $40,000 in debt. She started The Writer Entrepreneur to share her journey and encourage other people to pay off debt and pursue their life plans. She has been featured on HuffPost, YouQueen & Fitnancials among others. Learn more about Anna HERE.
This post may contain affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. Read full disclosure HERE.
3 thoughts on “3 Reasons Why It’s Never Too Late to Learn Anything”
Thanks for the inspiration! What a great piece of writing!
Thank you 🙂